Sunday 11 May 2014

Frittata burger!

Hi everyone so at the start of my blog I said I would also be sharing with you all lifestyle things too and I went food shopping yesterday at a new morrisons near my house and picked up one of their free magazines. In the magazine there are some great recipes and one of my favourites is the frittata burger which I'm going to make very soon but for now I thought I would share the recipie as it is getting towards summer now and it reminds me off a beautiful summer dish plus it's great for everyone as it is vegetarian.
Serves 4 and can be made in just over 1hr.

2tbsp olive oil 
2 red peppers 
160g baby spinach
6 eggs, beaten
100g crumbly cheese
3 salad onions, trimmed and chopped
1 ciabatta bread, cut into 4 pieces
4tbsp tomato chuney to serve(optional)

1. Heat the oven to 200c/ 180c fan/Gas 6. Grease an 18cm square baking tin with 1tbsp of the oil.
2. Place the whole peppers on a baking sheet and brush with the remaining oil. Roast for 30 minutes until the skins begin to become a little soft. Transfer to a bowl, cover and leave for 5 mins until cool enough to handle, then peel the skins, remove seeds and slice. Turn the oven down to 180c/160c fan/Gas 4.
3. Meanwhile, place the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water until it wilts. Leave for a few minutes, until cool enough to handle, then squeeze out the excess water and roughly chop. 
4. Season the eggs and stir in the cheese, salad onions, spinach and peppers. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 mins. To serve, cut the frittata into 4, sandwhich in a piece of ciabatta and add a spoonful of tomato chutney. 

Each serving does contain 494 calories, a lot however it can be a summer treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment